ImPACT Applications, Inc. is the maker of ImPACT® (Immediate Post-Concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing), the most widely used and most scientifically validated computerized concussion management tool available. Our product is used by more than 7,400 high schools, 1,000 colleges and universities, 900 clinical centers, 475 Credentialed ImPACT Consultants, 200 professional teams, and select military units, expressly so medical clinicians, and other qualified healthcare providers, can better manage this injury.
Since 2006, ImPACT has been administered over 12 million times.
- ImPACT is supported by a database of clinical research, including more than 250 peer-reviewed and 145 independent studies.
- ImPACT's industry-leading normative database increases reliability and validity of testing results.
- ImPACT assists qualified healthcare providers in the evaluation and management of concussion.
- ImPACT and its products continue to evolve by incorporating the latest advancements in neurocognitive science and in technology for portability and ease of use.
- ImPACT offers industry-leading educational resources and tools to raise awareness regarding the importance of proper concussion management. Proof of ImPACT's clinical value can be found in many hundreds of clinics and hospitals throughout the United States and around the world.
Neurocognitive Impairments Among Athletes with a History of Multiple Concussions
Approximately 1.8 to 3.6 million sports-related concussions occur each year in the United States. Covassin et. al explores the research that suggests athletes with a history of concussion are at a greater risk for a subsequent concussion.
Authors Meghan E. LaFevor, MS., ATC., Abigail C. Bretzin, MS., ATC., Jennifer L. Savage, MS., LAT., ATC., Kyle M. Petit, MS., ATC., Tracey Covassin Ph.D., ATC., FNATA